Respecting The Rights Of Senior Citizens – 4 Factors To Pick The Right Care Facility For The Elderly by Abhishek Agarwal
There is no formal ‘Senior Citizens Bill of Rights’, but as individuals, senior citizens are entitled to their rights. However, the senior citizens have little energy left in them in their old age to fight for their rights and therefore, it is the duty of the children to see that their elderly parents are getting what they are rightfully entitled to.
Every right must be claimed to be deemed as a right. There are laws in existence for the running of nursing homes for the elderly and retirement communities. Even if your elderly mom or dad is in an assisted care facility, there are certain laws that are fundamental and expected to be followed by these care facilities too. It is your duty as a caregiver to see that they are following the laws and living up to the expectations.
There are some factors that you must verify before selecting a facility for your elderly parents:
– Ensure that the facility will provide the basic cleanliness and safety. Check out the evacuation plans in place, in case of an emergency situation. Verify whether the evacuation plan is a workable one, considering the fact that the facility may be full of elderly and invalids who may be slow in moving out of the building in case of a fire. Find out if there is emergency power available to operate the automatic doors and elevators so that everyone can get out safely.
– If food is provided by the facility, ensure that meals will be provided three times a day. The meals should be healthy and the food should be delivered to the room if your parent is disabled or injured. There should be some variety in the diet and since there is a separate charge for the food, it is not wrong to expect some quality and variety in the food.
– If your parent has moved to an assisted care facility, they have every right to live as they wish in that apartment, since they have paid for it. However, they have to observe certain restrictions because they are living in a community setting. They should be able to live without any interference from the staff of the facility and have the freedom to select the décor of the apartment or have family and friends to visit.
– Another fundamental right of a senior citizen is to be treated with compassion, respect and dignity. Although this is not a tangible right, how the staff at the facility treats the elderly is an important aspect in the selection of a facility for your parents. The staff of the facility must be respectful and pleasant in their dealings with your parents. If your parent complains of any emotional or verbal abuse, you must investigate and hold the facility accountable for it.
As a primary caregiver, responsible for the well being of your elderly parents, you have the right to remind the assisted care facility of their responsibilities. Ensure that your parents are getting the service and care that they paid for and that they are comfortable in their living quarters and enjoying their stay there.
Abhishek successfully runs an Old Age Home and he has got some great Eldercare Secrets up his sleeves! Download his FREE 80 Page Ebook, “How To Take Great Care Of Elders” from his website http://www.Senior-Guides.com/560/index.htm. Only limited Free Copies available.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Abhishek_Agarwal
Filed under: Apartments and Manufactured Homes, Henderson
Are you an older adult on a fixed income looking for brand new, affordable, quality housing?
- One and Two bedrooms floor plans with open layouts
- Washers and dryer in units
- Ceiling Fans
- Individually-controlled heat and air conditioning
- Fitness room
- Billiard & Theater Room
- Multiple elevators
- Transportation to Heritage Park Aquatic and Senior Center
Filed under: Apartments and Manufactured Homes, Las Vegas
El Paseo is a brand new, beautiful senior community for individuals who are 55 or better.
El Paseo Senior community is conveniently located near the breath-taking Bosque.
- Washer & dryer included
- Elevators in all buildings
- Controlled-access gates
- Mountain & valley views
- Sparkling pool & year-round spa
- Pets welcome
- Covered parking available
- Patio or balcony in select units
- Community center with planned social activities
- Library room with fireplace
- Access to river trails
- Convenient access to bus line & Railrunner Access
- Accepts Electronic Payments
- Business Center Onsite
- Club House
- Controlled Access
- Covered Lot
- Disability Access
- Fitness Center
- Freeway Access
- Housing Vouchers Welcome
- Public Transportation
- Senior Housing
- Air Conditioning
- Cable or Satellite
- Ceiling Fan
- Garbage Disposal
- Internet Access
- Patio or Balcony
- Walk In Closets
- Washer Dryer In Unit
- Water Sewer and Trash
- Window Covering
Apartments in Community: 166
Pets no larger than 12″ or heavier than 25 lbs. welcome. $200 pet deposit. Please call for details.
Filed under: Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing & Memory Care, Henderson, Las Vegas
Henderson Senior Living – Pacifica Green Valley
Pacifica Senior Living understands that at any age, maintaining a sense of freedom and independence is very important. At our Henderson senior living community you will enjoy a lifestyle of choice. Our Heartland Assisted Living staff is trained to provide the services you may need in a supportive environment. Our goals are to promote an active and self-reliant lifestyle; to recognize when assistance is necessary; to provide caring attention; and to continue to educate our community.
Pacifica Senior Living Green Valley provides the most innovative healthcare solutions for senior living in Henderson, NV to our residents and their families. By embracing the latest research available, we have developed the best care solutions available for assisted living and memory care for seniors in Henderson.
Services and Amenities
Pacifica Senior Living Green Valley is a gracious single story full-service retirement community nestled among beautifully manicured grounds, gardens, and walking paths.
We encourage our residents to allow us (the staff) to assist them in any way we can. We believe it is our residents’ turn to relax and enjoy retirement living at its fullest. Our mission is to help them feel at home each and every day.
In addition to the apartment home maintenance, we offer generous amenities and services.
Pacifica Senior Living Amenities Include:
- A charming, gated community with a single story, cottage-style design – no long corridors, stairs or elevators.
- 24-hour on-site professional staffing
- Family-style dining – three times a day
- Weekly housekeeping, linens and personal laundry
- All utilities (phone at an additional fee)
- Cable television
- Scheduled transportation
- Social, educational, spiritual, and recreational programs
- Full service beauty salon (additional fee)
- Access to comfortable indoor and outdoor leisure areas
- Manicured and maintained landscaped grounds with water fountain
- Expansive rose garden and walking paths
- Vibrant activities program-rose hall community center
- On-site apartment home maintenance
- Pets welcome! (additional fee)
Our separate, secured memory care community offers:
- Personalized memory care in a secure, comfortable setting
- 24 hour safety supervision and assistance
- Daily programs to enhance resident engagement
- Secure exterior courtyards specifically designed for resident outdoor experiences
Cottages of Green Valley
2620 Robindale Road
West of Pecos