At what point does one consider themselves a senior citizen, age 60, 62 or 65. By definition a senior citizen is the condition or fact of being older which carries with it an abundance of privileges.
At a given point of everyone’s life retirement kicks in, planning what to do next with your life is a big step. Putting finances in place to continue residing comfortably is a major fact.
Remember that gold watch your former employer presented to you at your retirement party, hide it in the back of the drawer, you have quite a bit of time left on the clock to enjoy your life. So research and discover all of the financial rewards that are out there for you. Your buying power is greater than you think.
Here are some known areas to save financially, they are privileges for the active seasoned senior citizen.
1. Join a senior discount club and receive 50 to 70% off on massages, facials, spas, classes of interest, tours, special events, movie tickets and more.
2. Save pennies at the supermarket. Clipping coupons can be fun and a number of manufacturers are set up to give you free samples of new product, seem on TV, if you request it. Coupon clubs can bring new friendships your way also.
3. Lower your phone bill. There are several telephone units available that gives you free phone service. Check the local electronic stores in your area. These telephone units are generally plugged into the USB port of a computer and you can chat forever, free.
4. Contact your lending institution and request to have your credit card interest rate lowered. They will be eager to accommodate you and hold you as a loyal customer.
5. Need a new cell phone, seniors can get a free cell phone for the asking. Get on the internet, you’ll be surprised at what you will find.
6. Stop making monthly mortgage payment. Request information on reverse mortgages. If you decide to travel this avenue, you will never have to make another mortgage payment for the rest of your life. Investigate it seriously.
7. Can’t afford designer fashions, did you know that local dry cleaners donate great looking clothing to charitable businesses. These are items not picked up by customers within the 30 to 60 days. They are priced reasonably for resale and will save you money.
8. Fitness clubs are a definite. Reinvent yourself. Getting in shape will give you energy to spare. Special rates are generally available for seniors and it’s a great place to meet people.
9. Let someone else do the cooking. Restaurants have a discount senior citizen menu which includes the same items that non-seniors can order. Eat out, they would love to have you as their guest.
10.Buy items when they go on sale. The markup on merchandise is unrealistic. Take the hint, wait for the sale or price match at several stores to get the best deal.
Erase those concerns standing in your way and your golden senior retirement days will be inexpensive, stress free and well.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Irene_Reynolds