Senior citizen web sites number in the millions and cover nearly every topic imaginable. Whether you want to find information on benefits, retirement planning, travel, healthcare, transitioning to another state like Florida, or even senior citizen sex, there are senior citizen web sites dedicated to the topic.
One of the most popular sites on the internet for seniors is the long-recognized American Association of Retired Persons. If you are looking for any kind of information that is specific to seniors, then their site is an excellent place to start. The site includes main categories of information like health, money, leisure, family, and volunteering. You can find information on discounts available to seniors on travel, dining, and other services. There is also an online community on the website where you can interact with other seniors. You can create your own online profile that tells a little about your and then you can decide what groups you’d like to join based on common interests and activities.
Or, you can find an incredible amount of information for seniors on the federal government’s website for senior citizens’ resources at usa.gov/Topics/Seniors.shtml. The site provides in-depth information and links to some of the most popular senior citizen web sites on issues like money, volunteering, health, housing, retirement, end-of-life issues and caregiving. But the site also includes important information specific to the government such as:
· Laws and regulations concerning seniors – things like the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and the laws relating to Social Security Administration and Medicare.
· Consumer protection for seniors – information on elder rights, nursing home advocates, and types of consumer fraud.
· Federal and State agencies for seniors – such as the Veterans’ Health Administration, the Administration on Aging and the Employee Benefits Security Administration.
· Information on benefits – the site provides information on disability and other government benefit programs, as well as a tool to determine if you are eligible for any benefits.
· Resources specifically for grandparents that are raising their grandchildren – links to benefits and government assistance information, DHS programs for Children and Families, and organizations like the National Center on Grandparents Raising Children
Of course, travel sites are among some of the most popular sites on the web for seniors. Some of these senior citizen web sites are some of the best for travel options, both because of their reputation and because of the types of travel options that they offer:
· Elderhostel is the all-round champ of educational tours for seniors. This company concentrates on delving into the history and culture of locations in both the US and abroad.
· ElderTreks – if you want a bit more of an adventure aspect to your travel, then this company can help. They offer treks that include what they call ‘soft adventure’ – nothing too extreme.
· Grand Circle Travel – this is a tour operating company that offers trips to all age groups, but that definitely caters to seniors.
· Seniors at Sea – as you can probably tell from the title, this travel company offers cruises designed with the senior in mind.
· Grand Travel – this unique travel company offers packages for grandparents and grandchildren to enjoy together.
There is simply no end to senior citizen web sites and the range of topics they cover. No matter what kind of information you’re seeking, you can find it with a bit of patience and an internet connection.
Maria Norton is the creator of florida-retirement.net, a website designed for those who are considering retiring to Florida or buying second homes there. She is a licensed real estate broker and a 20 year veteran of the Relocation Industry. She provides comprehensive, personalized & free, Florida Relocation Services. She has also published 4 eBooks: A Guide to Establishing Florida Residency, How to Create the Perfect Retirement, The Florida Beach Book & How to Buy a Second/Vacation Home in Florida, which are available on the website. To get your copy of How To Create the Perfect Retirement visit her website at http://www.florida-retirement.net.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Maria_Norton